Your Only Source for Downloadable Play-Along Tracks
Practicing jazz should be fun. That's why we created a series of jazz play-alongs — to help you enjoy building your improvisational chops, no matter what level you are or what instrument you play. For more info about jazz play alongs and access to all of our tracks please visit PlayJazzNow.com.


Monday, January 12, 2009

ii/V/I Lesson by Randy Hunter

Saxophonist and teacher extraordinaire Randy Hunter has kindly allowed PJN to post a very informative lesson on playing the most common jazz progression: ii/V/I. This lesson explains very simply what the progression does and how to go about internalizing the sound of it. Randy also gets into some basic chord/scale applications that work with the ii/V/I. If you're just getting started improvising I highly recommend that you check it out.

Randy Hunter's ii/V/I Lesson (audio)
(PC users right click, Mac users option click to download)

Randy Hunter's ii/V/I Lesson (pdf examples)

PJN's very first two sets of tracks were created to help you learn the ii/V and the ii/V/I/VI progressions in all 12 keys. Please visit our HOME PAGE and click on your instrument to put some of Randy's concepts into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment